CAN YOU SMELL GAS?

 



Feeling ill? Headaches... nausea... dizziness?



Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas boilers, cookers and fires can cause gas
leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.

In a gas emergency act quickly and take the following safety steps:

 



  • Get fresh air immediately. Open all doors and windows to ventilate the room
  • Switch off the appliance and do not use it again until it has been checked by a Gas Safe registered engineer
  • Turn off the gas supply at the mains
  • Call the National Gas Emergency number (see below)
  • If you are feeling ill visit your GP or the hospital immediately and tell them that your symptoms may be related to carbon monoxide poisoning
  • Contact a Gas Safe registered engineer to check and fix the appliance.

National Gas Emergency number: 0800 111 999.

Gerald Wicks  GAS SAFE Reg 212643

Tel: 01732 883544 / 07748 780811

E-mail: wicksgas@btinternet.com